Transfer Student Essays

High school students who have taken college-level courses should apply as first-year applicants.

If you would like to visit the University to study for one year or less before returning to another institution, you should apply as a student-at-large.

For transfer students, UChicago requires the Coalition Application.

Through the online application platform, you submit basic information about your background, academic profile, and extracurricular activities, as well as an essay, and that information can be easily shared with multiple colleges you decide to apply to.

For students not applying for need-based financial aid, our application fee is $75 and can be submitted through the Coalition Application.

Please follow the instructions on the Coalition Application for submitting the application fee online. Rosenwald 005 Chicago, IL 60637An official transcript detailing your coursework and grades over your entire high school career should be sent from your high school.If the space provided on the Coalition Application to list all extracurricular and work experiences is not sufficient, you may share further details through the "Additional Information" upload option.The Coalition Essay is your chance to present yourself and your ideas in your own words.Colleges ask for this information not because they have any specific expectation or preference for how you spend your time, but to see what's meaningful, worthwhile, or interesting to you.We do not require certificates proving participation in activities.Please include a note with the check or money order with the applicant's full name and address, and mail it to the College Admissions Office by the application deadline. If you graduated, the transcript should list your graduation date.Checks should be made payable to the University of Chicago. In reading your application, your transcript will serve as a roadmap of your academic path in high school.In addition, transfer applicants must submit a short essay responding to the following prompt: The Supplement essays should be submitted through the Coalition Application.Students may create a UChicago Account before or after beginning the Coalition Application.Applicants should submit the Coalition Application and must also complete the University of Chicago Supplement, plus an additional transfer application question as described below.Applicants will also be be prompted to create a UChicago Account, where they can submit information and view their admissions decision.


Comments Transfer Student Essays

The Latest from ©